Southwestern Hash Recipe
- 8 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 4 eggs, poached
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Set bacon aside.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute onion and garlic in reserved drippings until tender. Stir in hash browns and chilies. Cook and stir over low heat for 20 minutes or until lightly browned and heated through.
- 3. Just before serving, add tomato. Spoon onto plates; top with eggs and bacon. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 409 calories, 31 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 243 mg cholesterol, 521 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Reviews for Southwestern Hash
"My husband loves this."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.