Southwestern Hash Recipe
- 8 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 4 eggs, poached
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Set bacon aside.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute onion and garlic in reserved drippings until tender. Stir in hash browns and chilies. Cook and stir over low heat for 20 minutes or until lightly browned and heated through.
- 3. Just before serving, add tomato. Spoon onto plates; top with eggs and bacon. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 409 calories, 31g fat (11g saturated fat), 243mg cholesterol, 521mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Reviews for Southwestern Hash
"My husband loves this."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.