Southwestern Hash with Eggs Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds pork steak, cubed
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 large potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, cook pork in oil until browned, about 4 minutes. Add potato, onion, garlic and green pepper; cook and stir for 4 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, bouillon, cumin, salt, pepper and cayenne. Cover and cook over low heat for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. Make four wells in the hash; break an egg into each. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until the eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Serve over tortillas. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Southwestern Hash with Eggs
Sort By :
This is awesome, just awesome!!! I used leftover bbq'd beef brisket instead of pork steak. Skipped the bouillon and the tortillas. We thought it was just perfect - will definitely land this one in my recipe box! Where are the stars to rate.. missing today, just know I'm giving it 5 stars!!!!
I didn't have pork steaks, so I used deli corned beef , I had and 5 strips of bacon. OMG!! very very good. Thank you!