Southwestern Hash Recipe
"I had a similar dish at a restaurant in Arizona," recalls Marilyn Paradis of Woodburn, Oregon. "I enjoyed it so much I tried re-creating it at home. It's a special way to serve eggs."
- 8 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 4 eggs, poached
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Set bacon aside.
- In the same skillet, saute onion and garlic in reserved drippings until tender. Stir in hash browns and chilies. Cook and stir over low heat for 20 minutes or until lightly browned and heated through.
- Just before serving, add tomato. Spoon onto plates; top with eggs and bacon. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Southwestern Hash in Taste of Home April/May 1998, p53
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Southwestern Hash(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bacon Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Mexican Breakfast >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >