Southwestern Grilled Lamb Recipe
Jalapeno peppers are quite abundant in this area of the country, and there are numerous ranches here that raise lambs. People seem to be eating food that's a little hotter nowadays, so I think this recipe will appeal to them.
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 to 3 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeno peppers
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 lamb chops (1 inch thick)
- Sour cream
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, grill lamb chops, turning once, over medium heat for 10-14 minutes for medium-rare, 14-16 minutes for medium or 16-20 minutes for well-done. Brush with sauce during the last few minutes of grilling.
- 3. Serve with sour cream. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC