Southwestern Grilled Lamb Recipe
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 to 3 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeno peppers
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 lamb chops (1 inch thick)
- Sour cream
- In a saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grill lamb chops, turning once, over medium heat for 10-14 minutes for medium-rare, 14-16 minutes for medium or 16-20 minutes for well-done. Brush with sauce during the last few minutes of grilling.
- Serve with sour cream. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Southwestern Grilled Lamb(1)
Sort By :
Amazingly tasty. This is a favorite grilling recipe when we entertain guests outdoors. People who have never eaten lamb before say when they taste these chops that it will be the first of many times. I often print out the recipe beforehand so that I'll have it when asked for -- and someone always asks!