Southwestern Goulash Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2/3 cup frozen corn
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven over medium heat, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, corn, tomato sauce, chilies, cumin, pepper and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Drain macaroni; add to meat mixture. Stir in cilantro and heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Southwestern Goulash(32)
Sort By :
This is real tasty and so easy too! I think I'd add just a bit more corn next time. I had everything on hand and it was a new take on goulash that my family & I really liked!
We were very disappointed with this recipe. The flavor was okay, but it was very acidic. I'm not even going to bother saving the leftovers.
My husband and I love this recipe - easy enough to make. Just wondering if anybody has ever tried it with chcken breasts?
This was good and eay to make....i added cheese and double the cumin
My family loved it, even my 9-year old who refuses to eat corn or tomatoes. Definitely going into our rotation!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Macaroni Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >