- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2/3 cup frozen corn
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven over medium heat, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, corn, tomato sauce, chilies, cumin, pepper and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Drain macaroni; add to meat mixture. Stir in cilantro and heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Southwestern Goulash
Sort By :
"This was so easy to make. I like that it is not too spicy but has a very nice flavor to it. Made it exactly as written and it was great. Will make this again."
"This was so easy to make! The combination of ingredients is mouth watering."
"This is real tasty and so easy too! I think I'd add just a bit more corn next time. I had everything on hand and it was a new take on goulash that my family & I really liked!"
"We were very disappointed with this recipe. The flavor was okay, but it was very acidic. I'm not even going to bother saving the leftovers."
"My husband and I love this recipe - easy enough to make. Just wondering if anybody has ever tried it with chcken breasts?"