- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2/3 cup frozen corn
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven over medium heat, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, corn, tomato sauce, chilies, cumin, pepper and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Drain macaroni; add to meat mixture and heat through. Stir in cilantro. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Southwestern Goulash
Sort By :
"I love this recipe I up the spices in it for more flavor"
"I made this today and it was really good. I used 2 cans of Rotel tomatoes with green chilies and also added the can of green chilies (we love chilies). Replaced the corn with black beans as someone in our family does not like corn. Added some taco seasoning to the meat also. I didn't have cilantro but next time I'll be sure to get some as I'm sure it will enhance the flavors even more. This is a keeper and I know we'll make it often. Thanks for a great recipe."
"This was so easy to make. I like that it is not too spicy but has a very nice flavor to it. Made it exactly as written and it was great. Will make this again."
"This was so easy to make! The combination of ingredients is mouth watering."
"This is real tasty and so easy too! I think I'd add just a bit more corn next time. I had everything on hand and it was a new take on goulash that my family & I really liked!"