- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2/3 cup frozen corn
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a 6-qt. stockpot, cook and crumble beef with onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink, 6-8 minutes; drain.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, corn, chilies and dry seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until flavors are blended, about 5 minutes. Stir in macaroni and cilantro. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Southwestern Goulash
"Totally agree with eileen344!!!"
"I like to read the reviews of these recipes. But it just makes me crazy when tons of changes are made and then the recipe is rated. If you are going to rate it, make it as directed. Changes are great but not before a rating is given."
"I was wondering if you could make this is a pressure cooker or a crock Pot? I have an Instant Pot here that I love to use"
"So quick to make. Tatted good also. Great weeknight meal!"
"One of the best goulash recipes my stomach has ever craved. Thank you for sharing over the recipe! :)"
"I have been making Goulash very similar to this for over 40 years. I don't add corn or cilantro (daughter didn't like them) and I used Williams chili Seasoning to taste. Always made a big batch because it was one of the few things my daughter would eat two days in a row. As easy as a "box" mix and so much better!"
"very flavorless dish. added quite a bit of spices and still tasted bland. gonna drain tomatoes next time. other than that great recipe"
"Really like this recipe. Do recommend saving some pasta water in case you need a bit more liquid. Used black beans instead of corn because that's what I had on hand and added a handful of kale for some extra nutrition. Good, easy, quick meal, will make it again."
"Very good, easy. We all liked it."
"Great recipe. Fat and easy."