I had some extra cilantro in the fridge and didn't want to throw it away. Instead, I came up with this delightful and filling family recipe. Everyone just loved it! Vikki Rebholz-West Chester, Ohio
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2/3 cup frozen corn
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch
- oven over medium heat, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer
- pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, corn, tomato sauce, chilies,
- cumin, pepper and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer,
- uncovered, for 3-5 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Drain macaroni; add to meat mixture. Stir in cilantro and heat
- through. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/3 cups equals 224 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 567 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber,