- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2/3 cup frozen corn
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook and crumble beef with onion over medium heat, until no longer pink, 6-8 minutes; drain.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, corn, chilies and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, to allow flavors to blend, about 5 minutes. Stir in macaroni and cilantro. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Southwestern Goulash
"very flavorless dish. added quite a bit of spices and still tasted bland. gonna drain tomatoes next time. other than that great recipe"
"Really like this recipe. Do recommend saving some pasta water in case you need a bit more liquid. Used black beans instead of corn because that's what I had on hand and added a handful of kale for some extra nutrition. Good, easy, quick meal, will make it again."
"Very good, easy. We all liked it."
"Great recipe. Fat and easy."
"I love this recipe I up the spices in it for more flavor"