- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2/3 cup frozen corn
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a 6-qt. stockpot, cook and crumble beef with onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink, 6-8 minutes; drain.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, corn, chilies and dry seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until flavors are blended, about 5 minutes. Stir in macaroni and cilantro. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Southwestern Goulash
"I have been making Goulash very similar to this for over 40 years. I don't add corn or cilantro (daughter didn't like them) and I used Williams chili Seasoning to taste. Always made a big batch because it was one of the few things my daughter would eat two days in a row. As easy as a "box" mix and so much better!"
"very flavorless dish. added quite a bit of spices and still tasted bland. gonna drain tomatoes next time. other than that great recipe"
"Really like this recipe. Do recommend saving some pasta water in case you need a bit more liquid. Used black beans instead of corn because that's what I had on hand and added a handful of kale for some extra nutrition. Good, easy, quick meal, will make it again."
"Very good, easy. We all liked it."
"Great recipe. Fat and easy."
"I love this recipe I up the spices in it for more flavor"
"I made this today and it was really good. I used 2 cans of Rotel tomatoes with green chilies and also added the can of green chilies (we love chilies). Replaced the corn with black beans as someone in our family does not like corn. Added some taco seasoning to the meat also. I didn't have cilantro but next time I'll be sure to get some as I'm sure it will enhance the flavors even more. This is a keeper and I know we'll make it often. Thanks for a great recipe."
"This was so easy to make. I like that it is not too spicy but has a very nice flavor to it. Made it exactly as written and it was great. Will make this again."
"This was so easy to make! The combination of ingredients is mouth watering."
"This is real tasty and so easy too! I think I'd add just a bit more corn next time. I had everything on hand and it was a new take on goulash that my family & I really liked!"