Southwestern Gorp Recipe
Ghosts, goblins and skeletons can't keep their hands out of this popular snack mix, reports field editor Renae Moncur of Burley, Idaho. It features crunchy popcorn and pumpkin seeds and has a zesty taco flavor.
- 1 package (3.3 ounces) butter-flavored microwave popcorn, popped
- 1 cup salted pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup corn chips
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon taco sauce
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the popcorn, pumpkin seeds and corn chips. Combine the butter and taco sauce and seasoning; drizzle over popcorn mixture and toss to coat.
- 2. Transfer to an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 275° for 10 minutes, stirring once. Serve warm, or cool before storing in an airtight container. Yield: 3 quarts.
Reviews for Southwestern Gorp
Reviewed Oct. 27, 2011
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC