Southwestern Frittata Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt, mustard, pepper and cayenne; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the onion, green pepper and garlic in oil until tender. Add tomato and olives; heat through.
- 3. Pour egg mixture over vegetables. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When eggs are set, sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat. Cover and let stand for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into four wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 152 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 221 mg cholesterol, 320 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.