Southwestern Fried Rice Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute the chicken, corn, green pepper and onion in oil until chicken juices run clear. Stir in the broth, salsa, chili powder and cayenne; bring to a boil. Add the rice. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup equals 278 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 446 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.