This speedy skillet supper from Marcia Lee of Dewitt, New York combines tender cubes of chicken with a variety of vegetables, rice, salsa and seasoning. Try pairing her entree with refried beans or corn bread for fun fiesta fare.
Featured In: 65 Heart-Healthy Suppers
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the chicken, corn, green pepper and onion in oil until chicken juices run clear. Stir in the broth, salsa, chili powder and cayenne; bring to a boil. Add the rice. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Southwestern Fried Rice in Light & Tasty October/November 2003, p13
Reviews for Southwestern Fried Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review