Southwestern Fried Perch
This is one of my favorite ways to prepare perch. Taco seasoning and cornmeal make the coating zesty and unique.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 pound lake perch fillets
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Place taco seasoning in a large resealable bag; add perch fillets,
- one at a time, and shake to coat.
- Place the egg in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl,combine
- cornmeal and flour. Dip fillets in egg, then coat with cornmeal
- mixture. Place in a single layer on a plate; refrigerate for 15
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Fry fillets for
- 2-3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 pieces) equals 326 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 155 mg cholesterol, 705 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot