Southwestern Fried Perch Recipe
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 pound lake perch fillets
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1. Place taco seasoning in a large resealable bag; add perch fillets, one at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. Place the egg in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl,combine cornmeal and flour. Dip fillets in egg, then coat with cornmeal mixture. Place in a single layer on a plate; refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- 3. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Fry fillets for 2-3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (3 pieces) equals 326 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 155 mg cholesterol, 705 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.