- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 pound lake perch fillets
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Place taco seasoning in a large resealable bag; add perch fillets, one at a time, and shake to coat.
- Place the egg in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl,combine cornmeal and flour. Dip fillets in egg, then coat with cornmeal mixture. Place in a single layer on a plate; refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Fry fillets for 2-3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Southwestern Fried Perch
Sort By :
"Delicious! I made this for a family dinner. I love lake perch cooked this way!"
"Awesome Recipe! Made this with the Grilled Prosciutto Asparagus for my family and it turned out to be a hit! The only thing was I doubled the recipe and would have needed an additional pkg of Taco seasoning(total of 3) since the fish soaks up alot when shaking in bag, otherwise will give this one 5 Stars!!!"