This is one of my favorite ways to prepare perch. Taco seasoning and cornmeal make the coating zesty and unique.
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 pound lake perch fillets
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Place taco seasoning in a large resealable bag; add perch fillets, one at a time, and shake to coat.
- Place the egg in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl,combine cornmeal and flour. Dip fillets in egg, then coat with cornmeal mixture. Place in a single layer on a plate; refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Fry fillets for 2-3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Southwestern Fried Perch in Taste of Home June/July 2006, p61
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Southwestern Fried Perch
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review