Southwestern Eggs Recipe
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk or heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup each shredded cheddar, part-skim mozzarella and Monterey Jack cheeses
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion, mushrooms, salt and pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- 2. In a blender, process eggs and milk for 1 minute or until smooth. Pour into a greased shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish; bake at 400° for 5 minutes. Cover with tomatoes and the sausage mixture. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- 3. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 20 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 263 calories, 20g fat (9g saturated fat), 199mg cholesterol, 614mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein .
Reviews for Southwestern Eggs
"I substituted the sausage for ground turkey and it was fantastic, my picky 3 yr old even ate it!"