Cooking is a hobby I've enjoyed for as long as I can remember I love experimenting with new recipes and trying them out on my willing family of taste-testers.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk or heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup each shredded cheddar, part-skim mozzarella and Monterey Jack cheeses
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion, mushrooms, salt and
- pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain and set
- In a blender, process eggs and milk for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Pour into a greased shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish; bake at 400°
- for 5 minutes. Cover with tomatoes and the sausage mixture. Sprinkle
- with cheeses.
- Reduce heat to 350°; bake 20 minutes longer or until heated
- through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 263 calories, 20 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 199 mg cholesterol, 614 mg sodium,