- the potatoes, bacon, salt and pepper; saute 8-10 minutes longer or
- until potatoes are lightly browned.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper
- until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for
- 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in cheese and chilies; cook and
- stir until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, place 2-3 in. of water in a large skillet with high sides;
- add vinegar. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer gently. Break
- cold eggs, one at a time, into a custard cup or saucer; holding the
- cup close to the surface of the water, slip each egg into water.
- Cook, uncovered, until whites are completely set and yolks are still
- soft, about 4 minutes. Divide potato mixture among four plates.
- Using a slotted spoon, lift eggs out of water and place on potato
- mixture. Top with sauce; sprinkle with tomatoes and cilantro if
- desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup potato mixture with 1 poached egg and 2 tablespoons sauce (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 277 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 235 mg cholesterol, 585 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.