- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeno slices
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 12 slices deli ham
- 6 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 6 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place first 10 ingredients in a blender; cover and process until smooth.
- Place toast on a baking sheet. Top each with two slices ham and one slice cheese. Bake 6-8 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, place 2-3 in. of water in a large saucepan or skillet with high sides; add vinegar. Bring to a boil; adjust heat to maintain a gentle simmer. Break cold eggs, one at a time, into a small bowl; holding bowl close to surface of water, slip egg into pan.
- Cook, uncovered, 3-5 minutes or until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard. Using a slotted spoon, lift eggs out of water. Serve immediately with ham and cheese toasts and avocado mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Southwestern Eggs Benedict with Avocado Sauce in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Reviews for Southwestern Eggs Benedict with Avocado Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review