Southwestern Eggs Recipe
Cooking is a hobby I've enjoyed for as long as I can remember I love experimenting with new recipes and trying them out on my willing family of taste-testers.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk or heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup each shredded cheddar, part-skim mozzarella and Monterey Jack cheeses
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion, mushrooms, salt and pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- In a blender, process eggs and milk for 1 minute or until smooth. Pour into a greased shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish; bake at 400° for 5 minutes. Cover with tomatoes and the sausage mixture. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Reduce heat to 350°; bake 20 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Southwestern Eggs in Country Pork 1996, p88
Reviews for Southwestern Eggs(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 24, 2012
I substituted the sausage for ground turkey and it was fantastic, my picky 3 yr old even ate it!
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Meat Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Mexican Breakfast >