Southwestern Egg Rolls Recipe
- 1 pound bulk hot Italian sausage
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve Spanish rice
- 18 egg roll wrappers
- Oil for frying
- Sour cream and guacamole, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink; drain. Stir in beans, Mexicorn, tomatoes and rice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. With one corner of an egg roll facing you, place 1/3 cup filling just below center of wrapper. (Cover remaining wrappers with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Fold bottom corner over filling; moisten remaining wrapper edges with water. Fold side corners toward center over filling. Roll up tightly, pressing at tip to seal. Repeat.
- 3. In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry egg rolls, two at a time, 1-2 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally. Drain on paper towels. If desired, serve with sour cream and guacamole. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 egg roll (calculated without sour cream and guacamole) equals 333 calories, 19 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 643 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Southwestern Egg Rolls
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.