Southwestern Egg Rolls Recipe
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Hot Italian Sausage Links
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve Spanish rice
- 19 egg roll wrappers
- Oil for frying
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, Mexicorn, tomatoes and rice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until heated through.
- Place 1/3 cup sausage mixture in the center of each egg roll wrapper. Fold bottom corner over filling. Fold sides toward center over filling. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry egg rolls, two at a time, for 30 seconds on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm. Yield: 19 egg rolls.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Southwestern Egg Rolls
Sort By :
I loved these. As another reviewer said, they taste just like the ones served at restaurants, maybe better.
These are amazing! So easy to make also. They tasted exactly like the ones you get as appetizers at a chain restaurant. I am going to try making them as appetizers by using wonton wraps. Cook, freeze and then bake to reheat and serve.
I've made these with my mother in law a year ago. they were simple and fun. I've the craving again.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Asian Appetizers >
- Asian Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Corn Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Mexican Appetizers >
- Mexican Recipes >
- New Year's Appetizers >
- New Year's Recipes >