Southwestern Egg Casserole Recipe
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1. In a large bowl, beat eggs. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; stir into eggs (batter will be lumpy). Add cheeses, butter and chiles. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 piece: 330 calories, 25g fat (14g saturated fat), 239mg cholesterol, 560mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, trace fiber), 19g protein
Reviews for Southwestern Egg Casserole
"I made this for my family for Christmas brunch, and it was a hit. The cottage cheese lends a creamy/tangy contrast to the slight spiciness of the peppers. It is delicious! Will make again!"