The more time I spend in the kitchen, the happier I am! These baked eggs with a true Southwestern flavor are perfect to serve when entertaining overnight guests.
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; stir into eggs (batter will be lumpy). Add cheeses, butter and chiles. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Southwestern Egg Casserole in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p15
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Southwestern Egg Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 26, 2011
"I made this for my family for Christmas brunch, and it was a hit. The cottage cheese lends a creamy/tangy contrast to the slight spiciness of the peppers. It is delicious! Will make again!"