Southwestern Egg Bake Recipe
My sister, Bari, gave me this recipe after I tried it at her daughter's graduation party. Good thing she made plenty—she had to keep refilling the dish!—Terry Bray, Haines City, Florida
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a small skillet, saute onions in butter until tender; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, chilies, salt, pepper and cumin. Stir in the cheese, bacon and reserved onions.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 271 calories, 21 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 256 mg cholesterol, 489 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Reviews for Southwestern Egg Bake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC