Southwestern Dip Mix
Keep a container of this mix on hand to make dip at a moment's notice. The dip is spiced just right so it will appeal to all palates at potlucks and holiday gatherings.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
96 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup dried parsley flakes
- 1/3 cup dried minced onion
- 1/3 cup chili powder
- 1/4 cup ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons dried minced chives
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Tortilla chips or fresh vegetables
- Combine first eight ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a
- cool dry place up to 6 months. Yield: 12 batches (1-1/2 cups total).
- To prepare one batch of dip: Add 2 tablespoons of mix to mayonnaise
- and sour cream; stir until blended. Serve with chips or vegetables.
- Yield: 2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without chips and vegetables) equals 264 calories, 27 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 239 mg sodium,