- 1/2 cup dried parsley flakes
- 1/3 cup dried minced onion
- 1/3 cup chili powder
- 1/4 cup ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons dried minced chives
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Tortilla chips or fresh vegetables
- Combine first eight ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place up to 6 months. Yield: 12 batches (1-1/2 cups total).
- To prepare one batch of dip: Add 2 tablespoons of mix to mayonnaise and sour cream; stir until blended. Serve with chips or vegetables. Yield: 2 cups.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Southwestern Dip Mix
Sort By :
"So most the spices work in this dip except the parsley and salt. I found it to be too salty and the parsley over bearing but all the other spices taste great in it."
"Looking at this recipe I am wondering if the measurements of the chili powder and the cumin are right?"
"This is a very good dip, even with pretzels. I made it with light mayo and sour cream and it was very good. I gave this as a gift at Christmas last year and it was very well received."
"very good base recipe for a dip mix, we added more dried pepper flakes and oregano. Everyone enjoyed!"