Southwestern Corn Salad
This flavor-packed salad from our Test Kitchen mellows as it chills and stays fresh for several days in the fridge. It’s a great make-ahead dish and ideal for potlucks and picnics.
Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
9 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 6 cans (7 ounces each) white or shoepeg corn, drained
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the corn, onions, jalapenos and cilantro.
- Combine the mayonnaise, salt and pepper; gently stir into corn
- mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 204 calories, 11 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 577 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.