Southwestern Corn Salad Recipe
- 6 cans (7 ounces each) white or shoepeg corn, drained
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the corn, onions, jalapenos and cilantro. Combine the mayonnaise, salt and pepper; gently stir into corn mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Southwestern Corn Salad(2)
Sort By :
This recipe had a great taste to it, but I found it a bit watery for some reason. I didn't add anything extra and the corn was drained pretty well. Who knows? I'll try it again though because it tasted great. I only used two jalapenos though because I don't like things too spicy, and it was perfect for my taste.
I used regular sweet onion and chopped them up fine. The jalepeno isn't too hot. Overall it's delicious and when made with low-fat mayo (like I did) it's a GREAT, healthy alternative to most mayo salads for a picnic.
More Recipe Collections
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Salad Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >