Southwestern Corn Chip Salad Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups corn chips
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend or cheddar cheese
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup salad dressing of your choice
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 1 small avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1. In a serving bowl or platter, toss together the chips, lettuce, cheese, beans, tomato, salad dressing, onions and chilies. Top with avocado. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 259 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 291mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein
Reviews for Southwestern Corn Chip Salad
"I used cherry tomatoes instead. Keeps it from getting mushy. Add taco meat for a hearty dinner. :)"
"I did what one of the previous reviewers suggested and did not add the corn chips but rather let each person add their own chips and dressing. We did have leftovers and nothing got soggy that way. Very good salad. I served it alongside Mexican Lasagna for Cinco de Mayo."
"This was a great salad. I made it for a large group. The only thing I would suggest is letting your guests put their own corn chips on. This way if you have leftovers, it isn't ruined by soggy corn chips."
"This is a GREAT salad! The beans make it filling and the fritos give it the right amount of crunch. Yum - would make again for sure!"