You get an explosion of Southwestern flavor in every bite of this deliciously different salad. It's a favorite for kids of all ages since it mixes beans and cheese, tasty vegetables and crisp corn chips. —Jerri Moror, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
- 2-1/2 cups corn chips
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend or cheddar cheese
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup salad dressing of your choice
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 1 small avocado, peeled and sliced
- In a serving bowl or platter, toss together the chips, lettuce, cheese, beans, tomato, salad dressing, onions and chilies. Top with avocado. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Southwestern Salad in Taste of Home April/May 1997, p35
Reviews for Southwestern Corn Chip Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review