For a main dish, add 2 cups shredded cooked chicken to the casserole. For an elegant presentation, spoon vegetable mixture into individual ramekins. Bake about 20 minutes or until heated through.
Recommended: 40 Tex-Mex Recipes Bursting With Southwestern Flavor
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups frozen peppers and onions
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2/3 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1-1/3 cups (2.8 ounces) French's® Original or Cheddar French Fried Onions
- In a 1-1/2 qt. microwave-safe casserole, combine peppers and onions and corn. Cover and microwave on high for 8 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking. Drain well.
- Stir in soup, milk, hot sauce, 1/3 cup cheese and 2/3 cup onions. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and onions. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Southwestern Corn and Pepper Casserole in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Spring 2009, p52