Southwestern Corn and Pepper Casserole Recipe
For a main dish, add 2 cups shredded cooked chicken to the casserole. For an elegant presentation, spoon vegetable mixture into individual ramekins. Bake about 20 minutes or until heated through.
- 2 cups frozen peppers and onions
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2/3 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1-1/3 cups (2.8 ounces) French's® Original or Cheddar French Fried Onions
- In a 1-1/2 qt. microwave-safe casserole, combine peppers and onions and corn. Cover and microwave on high for 8 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking. Drain well.
- Stir in soup, milk, hot sauce, 1/3 cup cheese and 2/3 cup onions. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and onions. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Southwestern Corn and Pepper Casserole in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Spring 2009, p52
Reviews for Southwestern Corn and Pepper Casserole(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review