This simple six-ingredient recipe sent in by Roberta freedman is so tasty, you won't believe it's also good for you. From her home in mesilla Park, New Mexico, Roberta writes, "I like it because it is so quick to fix. It's just one way I add some flavors of the Southwest to lean chicken."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder, chili powder, salt and
- paprika. Rub over both sides of chicken. In a large skillet coated
- with cooking spray, brown chicken on both sides; drizzle with lime
- juice. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes or until chicken juices run
- clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 130 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 357 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 3 lean meat.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.