Southwestern Chicken with Orzo Recipe
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup ranch salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the chicken, zucchini, red pepper and onion in oil for 6-8 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, cook the orzo according to package directions.
- 2. Stir the beans, corn, salsa, salad dressing, chili powder and garlic into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cheese until slightly melted. Remove from the heat; whisk in sour cream until smooth. Drain orzo; serve with chicken mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1-3/4 cup: 760 calories, 28g fat (12g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 609mg sodium, 84g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 8g fiber), 38g protein
Reviews for Southwestern Chicken with Orzo
"I was not impressed. The only flavor we could taste was the black beans, and overall it did not look or taste good. I would not make this again."
"I thought it was bland. I was expecting the ranch dressing flavor to come through, and I couldn't taste it."
"Absolutely delicious!!! I will definitely be making this again!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.