Southwestern Chicken with Orzo Recipe
I love this recipe,” writes Tanya Riehle from Cresco, Iowa. “It’s wonderful as a hot meal and also makes for great leftovers. I use it cold the next day in a wrap or hot as dip with corn chips!”
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup ranch salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the chicken, zucchini, red pepper and onion in oil for 6-8 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, cook the orzo according to package directions.
- 2. Stir the beans, corn, salsa, salad dressing, chili powder and garlic into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cheese until slightly melted. Remove from the heat; whisk in sour cream until smooth. Drain orzo; serve with chicken mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC