Southwestern Chicken Skillet Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large sweet red peppers, julienned
- 2 large sweet yellow peppers, julienned
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with lemon juice; set aside. In a large skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add the peppers, onion, oregano, cumin and pepper flakes. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 2. Add the chicken, salt and pepper; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender and chicken is no longer pink. Sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 5 servings.
1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 202 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 285 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Reviews for Southwestern Chicken Skillet
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.