- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large sweet red peppers, julienned
- 2 large sweet yellow peppers, julienned
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Sprinkle chicken with lemon juice; set aside. In a large skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add the peppers, onion, oregano, cumin and pepper flakes. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken, salt and pepper; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender and chicken is no longer pink. Sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Southwestern Chicken Skillet in Country Woman January/February 2006, p8
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Southwestern Chicken Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 21, 2012
"Quick easy and Delicious!"