Southwestern Chicken Pizza Recipe
- 1 medium onion, julienned
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1-1/4 cups salsa
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) ready-to-use Southwestern chicken strips
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried cilantro flakes
- 1. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the onion, green pepper and water. Cover and microwave on high for 2-4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender; drain well.
- 2. Unroll pizza crust onto a greased baking sheet, stretching gently to form a 14-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Spread with salsa. Top with chicken and onion mixture. Sprinkle with cheese, garlic powder and cilantro.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted. Cut into squares. Yield: 8 slices.
1 serving (2 slices) equals 511 calories, 22 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 1,427 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Reviews for Southwestern Chicken Pizza
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.