Our family loves Mexican food and pizza, so I combined the two. It's easy to cook the pepper and onion in the microwave. Salsa, prepared chicken and other convenience items hurry along the rest of the recipe. The final result is fantastic!
Recommended: Top 10 Lunch Recipes Under 300 Calories
- 1 medium onion, julienned
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1-1/4 cups salsa
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) ready-to-use Southwestern chicken strips
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried cilantro flakes
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the onion, green pepper and water. Cover and microwave on high for 2-4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender; drain well.
- Unroll pizza crust onto a greased baking sheet, stretching gently to form a 14-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Spread with salsa. Top with chicken and onion mixture. Sprinkle with cheese, garlic powder and cilantro.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted. Cut into squares. Yield: 8 slices.
Originally published as Southwestern Chicken Pizza in Quick Cooking May/June 2004, p32
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Southwestern Chicken Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 23, 2013
"A little spicy but really good."