Southwestern Chicken Pizza Recipe
- 1 medium onion, julienned
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1-1/4 cups salsa
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) ready-to-use Southwestern chicken strips
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried cilantro flakes
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the onion, green pepper and water. Cover and microwave on high for 2-4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender; drain well.
- Unroll pizza crust onto a greased baking sheet, stretching gently to form a 14-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Spread with salsa. Top with chicken and onion mixture. Sprinkle with cheese, garlic powder and cilantro.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted. Cut into squares. Yield: 8 slices.
Originally published as Southwestern Chicken Pizza in Quick Cooking May/June 2004, p32
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Southwestern Chicken Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 23, 2013
A little spicy but really good.