Southwestern Chicken Packets Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1. Place each chicken breast half on a greased double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with salsa, corn, beans and cheese. Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly.
- 2. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Serve with sour cream. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 314 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 880mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 8g fiber), 18g protein
Reviews for Southwestern Chicken Packets
"This was very good! simply, but very flavorful. I made fried potatoes to go with it,and the meal was gobbled up!"
"My husband and I, as well as our three kids, LOVED this. And I enjoyed how simple it was, not only to make but also to clean up--just toss out the foil! I didn't have enough corn and beans for the recipe so I ended up substituting a frozen broccoli and cauliflower mix, and it smelled and tasted heavenly. We'll definitely be making this again."
"This was sooo good! A big hit. I didn't have a package fresh or frozen corn so I used a bag of a mix of vegetables: asparagus, corn and carrots and that worked out just fine."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.