Southwestern Chicken Packets
For flavor as big as Texas, Tonya Vowels partners juicy chicken with black beans, corn and salsa. “It tastes savory under a sprinkling of melted Mexican cheese. Dinner's a snap to make and clean up,” she adds from Vine Grove, Kentucky.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Place each chicken breast half on a greased double thickness of
- heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Sprinkle with salt and
- pepper. Top with salsa, corn, beans and cheese. Fold foil around
- mixture and seal tightly.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until
- chicken juices run clear. Open foil carefully to allow steam to
- escape. Serve with sour cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 314 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 880 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy