For flavor as big as Texas, Tonya Vowels partners juicy chicken with black beans, corn and salsa. “It tastes savory under a sprinkling of melted Mexican cheese. Dinner's a snap to make and clean up,” she adds from Vine Grove, Kentucky.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Place each chicken breast half on a greased double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with salsa, corn, beans and cheese. Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Serve with sour cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Southwestern Chicken Packets in Country Woman August/September 2007, p32
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Southwestern Chicken Packets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review