Southwestern Chicken Packets Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Place each chicken breast half on a greased double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with salsa, corn, beans and cheese. Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Serve with sour cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Southwestern Chicken Packets
Sort By :
This was very good! simply, but very flavorful. I made fried potatoes to go with it,and the meal was gobbled up!
My husband and I, as well as our three kids, LOVED this. And I enjoyed how simple it was, not only to make but also to clean up--just toss out the foil! I didn't have enough corn and beans for the recipe so I ended up substituting a frozen broccoli and cauliflower mix, and it smelled and tasted heavenly. We'll definitely be making this again.
This was sooo good! A big hit. I didn't have a package fresh or frozen corn so I used a bag of a mix of vegetables: asparagus, corn and carrots and that worked out just fine.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >