To take the edge off the kids' (and our!) hunger, this dip can be whipped up in no time. It's great with vegetable or chips.—Coleen Martin, Brookfield, Wisconsin
- 1 pound Mexican or plain process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 jar (8 ounces) process cheese spread
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 bunch green onions with tops, sliced
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- Assorted fresh vegetables or tortilla chips
- Place cheeses in a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe bowl. Top with bacon, onions and chilies. Microwave at 50% power for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted, stirring every minute. Serve with vegetables or chips. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Southwestern Cheese Dip in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p9
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Southwestern Cheese Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 18, 2015
"I was searching for a quick, flavorful dip to take to a dinner party! Found it!"