Southwestern Catfish Recipe
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- For salsa, in a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, jalapenos, vinegar and 1 teaspoon salt. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Combine the paprika, chili powder, cumin, coriander, cayenne, garlic powder and remaining salt; rub over catfish. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill fillets, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Southwestern Catfish
Sort By :
"Made this on my stove top. Used this as a filling for tacos. I also used chedder cheese, black olives and sour cream for topings. Very good and easy !"
"I cooked it in oven at 425 degree F for 20 minutes and drizzles some butter once during cooking. Family loves the taste of fish."