- thermometer reads 160°.
- Peel off and discard charred skin from green pepper; remove stem and
- seeds. Cut pepper in half. Top each patty with green pepper and
- cheese; grill 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted.
- Grill buns, cut side down, for 1-2 minutes or until toasted. Spread
- bun bottoms with mayonnaise mixture; top with burgers, tomato, onion
- and lettuce. Replace bun tops. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 burger (prepared with fat-free mayonnaise and fat-free cheese) equals 406 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 1,183 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 32 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011
, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now