Southwestern Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe
- 4 cups water
- 4 teaspoons reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules or 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 6 ounces reduced-fat process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, bouillon cubes, vegetables, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Combine the flour and milk until smooth; gradually stir into the soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat to low. Add the cheese; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Add the salsa; cook and stir until heated through. Yield: 9 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews for Southwestern Broccoli Cheese Soup
Sort By :
"Tried this soup and loved it. It's a great twist on broccoli cheese soup and a great meatless option. I used regular hash browns because apparently I can't read recipes right when making my shopping list and we used more of a pico de gallo type of salsa, and added some diced red bell pepper and it was very delicious. We will be making this again definitely!!"
"This was delicious! Highly recommend it. I had about 3/4 lb of ground beef I needed to use up so I threw that in. I cubed 3 potatoes instead of using frozen hash browns, and I used frozen broccoli because that's what I had on hand. Definitely a keeper!"
"We added hamburger meat with taco season. Very GOOD!"
"LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS RECIPE!!! I have made this serveral time!!"
"Very tasty and easy to make soup!"