Southwestern Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe
- 4 cups water
- 4 teaspoons reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules or 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 6 ounces reduced-fat process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, bouillon cubes, vegetables, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Combine the flour and milk until smooth; gradually stir into the soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat to low. Add the cheese; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Add the salsa; cook and stir until heated through. Yield: 9 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews for Southwestern Broccoli Cheese Soup(11)
Sort By :
This was delicious! Highly recommend it. I had about 3/4 lb of ground beef I needed to use up so I threw that in. I cubed 3 potatoes instead of using frozen hash browns, and I used frozen broccoli because that's what I had on hand. Definitely a keeper!
We added hamburger meat with taco season. Very GOOD!
LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS RECIPE!!! I have made this serveral time!!
Very tasty and easy to make soup!
This was a great soup! My entire family loved it! I added a chopped medium onion to the recipe. Will definitely make again!
More Recipe Collections
- Broccoli Cheese Soup >
- Broccoli Soup >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheese Soup >
- Cheese Soup Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cream Soups >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Soup Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Soup >
- Mexican Soups >
- Mexican Vegetarian Recipes >