Southwestern Black Bean Pasta Salad
When I first served this jazzed-up pasta salad for my mom's birthday dinner, it was so well-received that I couldn't wait to make it again! Chose the flavor of salsa to suit your family's taste.
9 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 8 ounces uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- SALAD DRESSING:
- 1 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse in cold water;
- drain. In a large salad bowl, combine the pasta, black beans,
- peppers and onion. Combine the salad dressing, salsa and cayenne.
- Pour over pasta mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1
- hour or until chilled. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 282 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 412 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.