Southwestern Black Bean and Lettuce Salad with Salsa Verde Dressing Recipe
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over salad mixture; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
2 cup: 277 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 439mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 10g fiber), 14g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Southwestern Black Bean and Lettuce Salad with Salsa Verde Dressing
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.