Southwestern Beef Strips
Mexican seasoning is a blend of cumin, chili pepper, onion and garlic. It is found in the spice section of your local grocery store.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried cilantro flakes
- Hot cooked fettuccine, optional
- In a large skillet, stir-fry the beef, onion, red pepper, taco
- seasoning, salt and pepper in oil until meat is no longer pink. Stir
- in the beans, corn, picante sauce and cilantro; heat through. Serve
- with fettuccine if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/3 cups beef mixture (calculated without fettuccine) equals 291 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 777 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.