Mexican seasoning is a blend of cumin, chili pepper, onion and garlic. It is found in the spice section of your local grocery store.
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried cilantro flakes
- Hot cooked fettuccine, optional
- In a large skillet, stir-fry the beef, onion, red pepper, taco seasoning, salt and pepper in oil until meat is no longer pink. Stir in the beans, corn, picante sauce and cilantro; heat through. Serve with fettuccine if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Southwestern Beef Strips in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p53
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Southwestern Beef Strips
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review